Building a backyard water garden is an adventure. The process itself is fairly straightforward, but assembling the proper pond supplies can be a little tricky - especially for first-time builders.
To make the pond building process as streamlined as possible, many companies have started selling pond kits. These handy kits come pre-packaged with all the supplies you need to create the pond of your dreams.
Pond kits also come with extremely detailed installation instructions to make the assembly process as simple as possible. There are quite a few steps to remember, but if you follow the instructions you should have no problem creating a fully functioning backyard water garden.
The Benefits of Pond Kits
Purchasing the correct pond supplies for a backyard water garden is one of the hardest parts of building it. There are quite a few supplies to get, and there are tons of variations of each. However, by purchasing a pond kit, you can make sure you have exactly what you need. You won't waste time making multiple trips to the store, and you won't have to constantly worry whether or not you chose the right supplies.
As you can see, pond kits are designed to make the pond enthusiast's life as easy as possible. Find the kit that meets your needs, and start creating the pond of your dreams today.
Do you want to build a fish pond in your backyard? Purchase a pond kit to make sure you have all the pond supplies you need to make assembly and installation as easy as possible.
Building and owning a pond, water garden or pond-less waterfall can be an awesome and rewarding experience to enjoy. Review this list of 11 tips before beginning your backyard pond or backyard water garden or waterfall project.
1. Pick an area in your yard that you can make a pond or water feature look natural, preferably not a low area in the yard. Low spots gather rain runoff which can be full of nutrients. Nutrients cause algae blooms and can turn a pond green fast.
2. Do not build your pond too close to a tree. This can damage a trees roots and possibly kill the tree. That is something you do not want to deal with at a later date.
3. Do not build a pond in direct sunlight. This will cause pond algae problems. We recommend no more than 4 hours of direct sunlight. Plants will grow perfectly fine in shaded pond. In shaded areas of your pond, simply use slow release aquatic fertilizer tablets a couple times a year.
4. Make sure there is plenty of room for landscaping around your backyard pond. This will add beauty and help the pond look natural even in the flattest of yards.
5. To layout the shape of your pond, we recommend using a cord, rope or garden hose. You can continue to change the outline in your yard and play with it until you get the pond shape you are happy with.
6. Keep pictures and make notes of the things you like and incorporate them into your water garden pond. Take into consideration water flow. Do you want a gentle waterfall or more a gushing look?
7. You should decide what you plan to do with your backyard pond or backyard water feature? Do you want fish and plants in it or not. A pond with fish and plants requires different design considerations and treatment than a pond without fish and plants.
8. Make sure you check with you local county or township codes regarding any restrictions regarding building your pond, such as pond depth.
9. Placement of the pond waterfall is important. It is best to place the pond waterfall at the back of the pond. This way you can see it and hear it from your view point.
10. Proper filtration is a must. We recommend putting all the water in the pond through a filter every hour. This means if you have a 2000 gallon pond then you need a pump that will move 2000 GPH.
11. Once you are ready to build your own dream water garden we strongly recommend you speak with an expert as pond design is critical so that everything works properly.
Backyard Water Garden Design is a free software application from the Food & Drink subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-08-12. The program can be installed on Android.
Backyard Water Garden Design (version 1.1) has a file size of 9.44 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.